Safety is paramount, but we also offer both advanced students and those needing additional attention the opportunity to move at their own pace while receiving additional support and tutoring.
1. Each student will be taught and graded by using the online CPS remote learning program with their designated teacher. After each lesson, the teacher will answer questions and review what was taught.
2. Each class will have a teacher/teaching assistant/tutor allowing for additional tutoring and specialized attention.
3. During a lesson, if a student needs help, outside the CPS virtual classroom, the teacher will supply individual attention.
4. The teacher will spend up to 15-30 minutes each day, as needed, with each student to go over lessons, discuss either remedial or accelerated options if indicated, as well as discussing any problems that are interfering with the student’s learning or socialization.
5. Each student will be assigned a specific desk for his/her sole use. The desks and chairs are made by SallyMonday and have adjustable heights to accommodate all sizes. The desk has a pull out drawer and a top that tilts 60 degrees (information on the desks here).
6. Classes will be from 8:30-4:30 subject to CPS remote learning schedule. This will allow the teachers the time and opportunity to work with students individually.
7. RLC will have just 5 classrooms/theaters to accommodate 3rd-8th grade students.
8. After a long day of CPS classes, we want to create some fun and excitement, so the kids will be given a theatrical play to rehearse and ultimately perform in front of their parents and relatives. Parts will be rotated regularly so everyone gets an opportunity to be the lead and be in the ensemble. With 5 professional theaters, we hope to cultivate the theater goers of the future while enhancing their communication skills.